Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Letter A Week 2014 - Introduction Calligraphytique

Hello everyone! 
Bonsoir à tous!

I'm calligraphytique, a french young adult who like calligraphy and make this art, of course, isn't a "big art". I discovert this project A Letter A Week in 2011, but I didn't know that I can participe. I am here since A Letter A Week 2013! I'm very happy to make this project! I make calligraphy since a few years, but I want to improve me, so I pulls (entails?) me. My blog is "Calligraphytique", "between calligraphy, graffiti and graphic" (but he is in French.).

Bonjour tout le monde! Je suis une jeune adulte française, qui aime et pratique la calligraphie, mais sans que cela soit du "grand art". J'ai découvert ce projet A Letter A Week en 2011, et ai pu participé à l'édition 2013! Je suis très heureuse de participer à ce projet. Je fais de la calligraphie depuis quelques années, mais ce n'est qu'en 2010 que je m'y suis mise sérieusement. J'essaie constamment de m'améliorer. Mon blog s'appelle "Calligraphytique", "entre calligraphie, graffiti et graphique".

Here is the beginning for my second year in A Letter A Week 2014, I've chosen for my first alphabet to make a kind of calligram: the letters will be calligraphed in the "lowercase Beneventine". I wanted a pretty close to the uncial alphabet, round and pleasant to read. The letters, calligraphed in black ink, are going to serve as supports for the calligram, which will be a landscape, different for each letter, calligraphed too. I don't know what I want to use for the alphabets used for the calligram....

Voici le début de mon alphabet 2014 pour A Letter A Week 2014, j'ai choisi, pour ce premier alphabet sur le thème "place" (localisation, endroit), de faire une sorte de calligramme: la lettre va être calligraphiée en minuscule bénéventine, je voulais une écriture assez proche de l'onciale, ronde et agréable à lire. La lettre, calligraphiée en encre noire, va donc servir de support au calligramme, qui sera un paysage, différent pour chaque lettre, lui aussi calligraphié. Je sais pas encore quels alphabets choisir pour le calligramme précisément.

A small drawing to better illustrate my point:
Un petit dessin pour mieux expliquer:

This is an extrat of my notebook, but I have translate what I have writte just above!
Voici un extrait de mon carnet de dessin, que j'emporte et complète partout et tout le temps!

Here is the beginning of the alphabet, lowercase bénéventines, that I have already completely calligraphed:
Voici le début de l'alphabet, les minuscules bénéventines, je l'ai déjà calligraphié entièrement:

3 comments:

  1. I am very much looking forward to seeing where your alphabet leads. I had never heard the term 'calligram' before, & am inspired to learn more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be wonderful to see Calligraphytique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great project ... I love this artist diary, the idea, the concept, the method and process ... très bien fait, félicitations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - we appreciate hearing from you!